Tuesday, October 27, 2015

The Silly Little Things

It is funny and a little ridiculous, all the silly things one ponders when on the brink of an unknown and life changing adventure. In the few weeks before I had Levi I remember thinking how weird it was going to be that I was going to be “one of those people” who has toys all over their living room and tiny little clothes scattered around. I remember wondering how I could get away with having the necessary toys when needed, and yet keeping them out of site at other times.

The changes that have taken place in me are clearly demonstrated in these little things. Not only do I not care about the fact that I have toys strewn about, I love the way my house looks with them. All the stuffed animals, the singing toys, the tiny mismatched socks, all of these things are evidence of something so wonderful to me – the presence of that little boy in my home.
I have become such a weird person. I literally feel joy well up inside me when I look at his little clothes in the laundry basket and envision how cute he looks in every little thing.
That being said. We went out the other day to catch a few pictures with the fall colors. He was not in a smiling mood, mostly because he was so focused on his new trick – sitting up. I know I am partial, but his serious expression is every bit as cute as his smile.

 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Jonni, he is so adorable!!! Great pictures :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...