Sunday, September 1, 2013

The Skinny Jean Dance









photo credit: healthymomskitchen.com


Well the summer is winding down. The evenings are beginning to get crisp… a sure sign of the pending Autumn. Pretty soon I will have to put my shorts away for the year.

Anyone ever go the whole summer without wearing a pair of jeans? You wear shorts, leggings, dresses, skirts… perhaps jeggings? All o f the above have a decent amount of stretch in them. At least the ones I own.

Well today was that fatal day… the one that you never think is going to happen because you work out so much and eat so well. I pulled one of my favorite pairs of jeans out of my closet for the first time in months. Dinner out on the town, casual dressy… seemed like a good idea. 

I am a scale hater. I believe that as long as my clothes fit me okay and I feel pretty good about myself, I shouldn’t have to count calories and weigh myself religiously every morning. Well in theory this works… provided your entire wardrobe doesn’t consist of material that could stretch to fit a small elephant!

Well needless to say, I am glad no one was around to see me do the skinny jean dance before giving up altogether. I am going to have to go back into my closet and find something to wear that will both fit nicely and make me feel good about myself…. Tall order for a girl who just realized is a sufferer of hip expansion.  

I am going to have to give my belief system some thought…. Perhaps I will fit a scale into the equation after all….

2 comments:

  1. I got a good laugh at this one Jonni! I am so glad you are being a disciplined blogger again. I look forward to your posts.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha that is funny. I feel the same way but then hate wearing jeans most of the time. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...