Thursday, November 7, 2013

This is the Real Life



You ever have one of those days where you open your eyes and life just feels great? You are happy to work out, happy to clean, happy to work. The sun is shining, the birds are chirping… too far? Well you know the kind of wonderful life-is-so-great kind of day. 

Yeah, so today was not that day. 

In fact, everything about it was all wrong. I should have stayed in bed all day and not have bothered with all of the busyness that is so essential to this earthly life. Cozy up with a good book and a pitcher of hot cocoa. That would have been the ticket. 

Alas, it could not be. Life just gets in the way. 

Don’t worry, this is still my jolly little life, even if my tone is a little more sullen this evening. I just thought it might be fun to change things up a little. This is all part of this wonderful thing we call life. To let off a little steam here are a few inexplicable things that drive me absolutely crazy. For no reason. They just do.

1.       When I am walking on a busy side walk and the person in front of me suddenly stops. Doesn’t even slow down. Just stops like he is the only person in the world… I confess I have wished for a giant candy cane (or some sort of not too harmless weapon) to bonk over heads. Rage. Inexplicable rage.

2.       When people use double negatives. This does not enrage me…. Merely a severe dislike. Why do they do it? It does not even make sense.

3.       When my drink is messed up at a coffee shop and they are running around too much to fix it for me… oh you don’t mess with a girl’s coffee.

Hmmm… well that’s all I have for now. And I feel better. Imagine that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...