Monday, October 14, 2013

Ten Things You Can do in Under Four minutes


Happy Monday everyone! I hope you had a wonderful weekend. This picture has absolutely nothing to do with this post topic... I just think it is pretty :) 


As my schedule has been very busy these last few weeks, I have been thinking a lot about time management.

Ever have one of those days where it seems impossible to squeeze everything in? The other day I was getting ready for work. I looked around at my house, glanced at the clock, and thought “well there is no time to do anything before I have to leave…. Guess I will just sit down and watch the clock tick or something….” Well maybe not exactly like that, but something similar.

I decided to try an experiment. Setting the timer, I tackled one little task at a time, trying to determine how long it really takes to do those little things that pile up until they become overwhelming. I was shocked at some of the results. 

Here are just a few things that really only take a few minutes and make a world of difference:

-          Make bed (which includes NINE pillows on my amazingly comfy bed) – 1 minutes 37 seconds
-          Clean bathroom (wiped down counters, mirrors, and cleaned toilet) – 3 minutes 38 seconds
-          Throw a load of laundry in (includes taking the hamper downstairs) – 58 seconds
-          Fold and put away or hang 10 pieces of laundry (in two different rooms) – 2 minutes 47 seconds
-          Fifty squats – 1 minute 34 seconds
-          Read Proverbs of the day – 2 minutes 9 seconds
-          Unload Dishwasher – 2 minutes 12 seconds
-          Load 11 dishes – 39 seconds
-          Take out all the trash in the house (two stories, four five trash cans) 2 minutes 4 seconds
-          Pay four bills (online, of course) 3 minutes 7 seconds

I am sure there are TONS of other things that fall in this category of quick chores, but these are the only ones I timed thus far. 

I always feel like the time goes by way to fast, and it is hard to fit everything in… but I have realized that the busier I am, the better I am with time management. Doing simple experiments like this really demonstrates how much you can do in a small amount of time.

You should try it on some of those tedious little things you always dread doing… you would be surprised how fast you can get things done.


Peacoats & Plaid



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...