Monday, February 17, 2014

Starting the Week Off Strong


Don’t the Mondays come all too quick. The older I get, the more I am aware of the speedy passing of time. It is one of those sobering thoughts that can get a little too heavy if dwelt on for an extended period of time.

I did pretty well on my goals for last week, especially considering I was away from home for most of the week.

I got my miles done running along the beautiful Colorado River in Laughlin. Running is a love/hate thing with me. But when I first take off and the wind is blowing in my face and my music is blaring in my ears, I always think, “this is great. Why do I dread it so much?” And then I have to go through the same thing the next day. Human nature I suppose. In addition to running, maybe I was the girl in the gym doing planks while quoting James 1. And maybe I was the girl chucking a bunch of clothes in a bag while saying the same scripture over and over. Multi tasking. Distraction. Whatever you want to call it. Either way, I am happy to announce that I definitely have adequately refreshed myself on that particular chunk of scripture to the point where I think it is stuck in my heart good. Whenever I memorize scripture, I realize that I could lose it randomly until it is hidden away in my heart. Once I reach that point, I don’t think I will ever forget it. And this week I discovered that James 1 is on the list of those scriptures which are there to stay.

You notice that once more I have not listed a completed edited photo….. there is always this week.



I am really on a tummy tightening kick, so I will be working on that this week yet again. I found this article in fitness magazine with a picture of the most beautiful abs. So I am going to try to work some of that into my routine this week. We will see. I am telling you people, taking a few goals one week at a time is really helpful!

- DON’T eat bread. After all of the homemade loaves and the bread binging at outback steakhouse last week, I definitely need to take a little bread break. (this, of course, excludes homemade pizza night on Saturdays.... I just can't take that away from my hubby)

- Organize two drawers in my office. It is crazy in there.

- Order Photoshop book from library AND EDIT ONE PHOTO for goodness sake!!!

- Refresh my memory on James 2.

- Do 250 ab combo daily (preferably with medicine and bosu balls to change it up)

I think that is a good start for this week. I am one of those people who likes checking things off the list…. So If I feel ambitious in any other particular area I will just add to the list later.

I hope you all have a happy Monday! Make some goals, set yourself up for a happy and successful week!

1 comment:

  1. I love lists. You should add to your list to eat ice cream, that is all I want to do right now haha.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...