Friday, February 28, 2014

When Things Don't Go as Planned


2014. It began with so many wonderful adventures, plans, goals, dreams…. I distinctly remember telling Cory how happy and excited I was about many of the possibilities unfolding in our lives. I was full of hope.

Since then most of those possibilities which I was so eager for have crashed and burned. In the throes of some of my little disappointments (which always seem so great in the moment) my dad told me something that his dad told him once, “if this is as hard as it is going to get, you are going to cruise through life.” There’s some perspective for you.

The weird part about it all is that Cory and I lead an AMAZING life. Seriously, I don’t know why more people aren’t jealous of us… I kid, I kid. But really, it is great. I just suppose it is that yearning inside to learn, to grow, to mature, and yes… to see progress.

I remember feeling this way so many times in my life. You know when you have your heart set on something and then it falls apart and you feel devastated with the disappointment. And you know…. All of those things (with the exception of a couple I am still waiting on) have miraculously turned around for the better. By miraculously, I mean literally God-orchestrated.

When making plans and dreams it is sometimes difficult to see things the way God sees them, the big picture. God has truly saved me from some things in my life which I have had my heart set on. And at some point without fail, I have looked back and thought, “Thank you, God.” I might be near sighted, but He never is.

These are the moments I have to remind myself of… sometimes it is so easy to get caught up in my plans, my ideas, MY stuff… when God’s plan is always better.

And so, I will close this little midnight rant with one of my favorite scriptures of all time that I feel is quite apropos. This is what I go to when I need hope or reassurance.

Jeremiah 29:11



“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”

Amen. 

2 comments:

  1. Very encouraging and one of the things to always keep in my mind every day. things don't always go as we plan, but the Lord has us in the palm of his hand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is an amazing thought. Give me such peace :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...