Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Think Happy Thoughts



Based on several of my posts in the pasts (like this one.... or even this one), it is apparent that occasionally I like to have a good rant or whine about some things in life. I am sure this has its value somewhere. But on the other hand, this week I was reading another blog in which the writer was talking about all of the things that made her happy. I was like, “huh… there’s one way to do it.”

So perhaps instead of having a good rant about the craziness of this world we live in, I will focus a little more on the happiness of my own little world. I am not talking about all of the big, amazing moments in life, such as traveling or getting married or having your first baby. I am just talking about all of the little things in which simple pleasure can be derived on a daily basis.

Here are a few things that make me happy. I mean, sometimes, the feelings of happiness literally well up inside of me. These are the moments, and the appreciation of those moments, that make an atmosphere of happiness and thankfulness in one’s life.

- Sitting down to have Starbucks with one of the girls when you can just tell the drink was made perfect. Occasionally I tell those around me not to talk while I just enjoy my first little moment with my coffee.

- Taking a shower after a good, hard workout.

- Sitting in Central Park at Disneyland (preferably with coffee in hand once again).

- Getting in my cozy bed at night and cuddling with my hubby. It is very often those moments that we tell one another how happy we are.

- Reading a good book.

With all of the difficulties and challenges that life brings, sometimes it does you a world of a good to think a few happy thoughts.

4 comments:

  1. I agree with you in with the good --- out with the bad
    however i do appreciate a good rant every now and then
    its healthy and gets a load off your chest!

    && I completely agree with you with that first sip of coffee .... its the best

    Happy to be your newest follower
    whataworldofpink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for following along Taylor! you are right. Occasionally a good rant is extremely valuable and necessary. got to get that load off your chest every now and then :-)

      Delete
  2. Agreed! I've been trying to focus on the little things each day in February and recording them on Instagram - but some of the things that make me happiest {cuddling with my husband or snuggling up with a good book}, a picture doesn't really cover it. Thanks for the encouragement today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Jenny! it is amazing how much your attitude can change when you just focus a little more on those little things in life which brings happiness. cuddling at night is always at the top for me :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...