Friday, December 13, 2013

Five Christmas Movies on Friday

Well apparently it is link up week for me. Either I am not inspired on my own or perhaps I've been deriving such inspiration from others that it cannot be ignored. It could go either way.

Here goes five things I am loving this week in the form of must see Christmas movies. there are definitely other great Christmas movies  that I do watch every year (i.e. both versions of Miracle on 34th Street and Christmas in Connecticut) but I had to narrow it down to the top five (if for no other reason than we are running out of time!). I'm afraid that "A Christmas Story" is not on the list, much the chagrin of my husband.

1. It's a Wonderful Life. It's a classic. It's painful and beautiful at once. This will give you some real perspective on the difficulties you are facing in your life and about what truly matters. 

2. A Christmas Carol. Nobody speaks of the heart of Christmas as well as Dickens. The next best thing to reading his brilliant work is watching a brilliant portrayal of it. 

3 The Santa Clause. This is such a fun one. A modern classic. I laugh every time. You just gotta watch it. And for a bonus watch Santa Claus 2... good, clean hilarity.

4. Family Man. This one always leaves me with a little tinge of sadness. Sadness that we could always wish for the greener grass and then miss out on the blessings of the moment. Yet another wonderful story which demonstrates what is truly important in life.

5. White Christmas. I love this musical. I always assume everyone in the world has seen this movie but I'm continually shocked by how few really have. This is such a fun and touching Christmas story. Plus, great music. Watch it.

Make yourself some peppermint hot chocolate and snuggle up with your hubby for a Christmas movie night. Now that is a fun holiday date.

6 comments:

  1. Oh, "The Family Man"....love, love, love. I knew my guy was the one when he told me on our first date it was one of his favorite movies and that he would always "choose us" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by Carrie! I know, it is such a great movie. Wow, what a guy! That is a cute story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I might have to turn in my reindeer and twinkle light lover membership card because I'm Affraid to say I've never seen White Christmas or It's a Wonderful Life.... I'm waiting for the gasps and stares of amazement. How I've gone these years without seeing them I have no idea, perhaps it's time to invest in a movie marathon with treats and sweets. Thanks so much for sharing.

    Keep it Sassy & Classy,
    B
    http://msultimatesophistication.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! Yes, I am afraid you must turn in that membership card until you have at least seen "It's a Wonderful Life". It is just a Christmas classic must see. It is a hard movie to watch, because there are sad moments. But do it. And then you can come back and comment about your thoughts :) I would love to hear!

      Delete
  4. Numbers 4 & 5 are some of my Christmas favorites! While You Were Sleeping is also a super-cute romantic comedy.. I really like your blog and what attracted me to it is your blog name (DH's name is Jolly)..:-) I'm putting your button on my sidebar and hope you'll visit me sometime.

    Happy blogging!
    Shelah @ Everyday Alaska | everydayak.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Shelah! Those two are wonderful Christmas movies. I love to play "White Christmas" in the background when I am wrapping presents or baking. It makes for good company :) Thanks for grabbing my button! I will be sure to stop by your little piece of the web.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...