Friday, December 20, 2013

Merry Christmas with Five on Friday



Only five days till Christmas! I have bitter sweet feelings at this point. I want time to slow down, and yet I can’t wait for everyone to open my gifts. Cory has been wishing Christmas upon us for days because he is so excited to give me my presents. Love this season of celebration and giving. So much fun. 

Anyway, today is going to be the last of my Christmas-y Five on Friday List… sad face. Christmasy things I have been up to or loving this week.

1.       Gingerbread house making. My parents and younger sister host a gingerbread (though actually we use graham crackers) house making party every year. This was the tenth annual or something. It has gotten more and more competitive the older we get. They even sent out invitations with rules and guidelines this year. It was so much fun. My sister blew us all out of the ball park with her gingerbread sleeping beauty castle. It was incredible.


2.       Blogathon! I am going to be hosting the New Years Blogathon! I am very excited about this. Ever feel like you want to write and yet you aren’t sure what to write about? Every week you are waiting for those brilliant things to occur so that you can write a brilliant blog post about it. To kick off the New Year, I thought I would kick off with my consistency in writing and host a link up. I will give a list of topics and their dates starting the Monday after New Years. It is just going to be fun and easy. Great way to make new blogging friends. I would love you to participate :) View the list of topics here. Hope you can join in the fun!

3.       Baking. I had my little nieces come and help me with Christmas baking this week. They are very good at licking the bowls and spatula clean. We made all sorts of Christmas yummies to put in the tins I will be giving to my neighbors, friends, and family. My husband was saddened by the fact that I wasn’t making him a tin, so I added his name to the list as well. 
 4.     Watch this Video (displayed below as well). I stole this from my sister’s blog, Admissions of a Superhero. But you HAVE to watch it. This is the cutest most poignantly Christmasy thing ever. My niece was only four in this video quoting the whole of the true Christmas story straight from the Bible.

5.       And finally, Cory and I have been making it a point to sit by the tree (oftentimes in my Christmas socks!) and just talk for a few minutes in the evenings or before work in the morning. It is important to take a little time to think about the wonder of what Christ did for us, and to reflect on the blessings he has given us. What a wonderful life!

Merry Christmas everyone! I hope you have a wonderful time filled with all of the magic of the season. 

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...