Wednesday, January 15, 2014

A Day in My Little Life

Another lovely day for a blogathon... Prompt number 8. A "Day in the Life" post. Man, who thought of these. What a boring topic! Oh well... we must persevere through the monotony of everyday life between all the excitement.

My everyday life is composed of all those little things that seem so ordinary... but really, when they come together they make up the most important aspects of my extraordinary life.

My work schedule varies from day to day, but most of the time, I work from home. This gives me the freedom to set my work schedule around the more important things in my life. The house gets cleaned, the laundry gets washed, the dinner gets made, and what time I have left is devoted to the work outside the home. Does that sound backwards to you? Maybe it is considered backwards in our society these days. But I can tell you from personal experience it makes for a truly wonderful life and a happy marriage.

My mornings are spent in getting the hubby off to work (which includes fresh vegetable juice in the morning because we are eating healthy in the new year!), having my Bible and prayer time, and then hitting the gym. Once I have these necessary elements done I feel I can tackle the day.

If I am lucky and I am not bogged down by my self-inflicted, incessant need to be productive, I might take a break from the busyness to have a quick coffee with a sister or a walk with my dad by the lake.

Your every day priorities... organizing your life in such a way so that those things which are most important receive the greatest attention. On examination of my daily life, it is apparent where my priorities are. And it works quite well for me. It is a very simple recipe for a happy life.


What does a day in your world look like? Link Below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...