Monday, January 6, 2014

Searching for Inspiration


Today is day two of the Blogathon. Our prompt asks that we share something that inspires us.

When I want to be inspired, not by the inspiration that I happen upon on a daily basis but rather that born of a desire to be inspired, I always turn to the philosopher Kierkegaard. And so I was perusing some of his works this morning and happened upon a quote that I have read many times, but today it struck me as remarkably fitting and profound.  

“If I were to wish for anything, I should not wish for wealth and power, but for the passionate sense of the potential, for the eye which, ever young and ardent, sees the possible. Pleasure disappoints, possibility never. And what wine is so sparkling, what so fragrant, what so intoxicating, as possibility!”
Soren Kierkegaard

Oftentimes our society tells us that wealth, power, material possessions, etc. are those elements which are most important in life. But I think that we could learn a lesson from Kierkegaard. As we embark on this new year, we should strive to grasp the wonderful idea of possibility. We should make our plans and dreams and then realize that we are capable of accomplishing anything we could desire.

The year is yours to make with it as you please. What will you do with all the possibilities?

What inspires you? A quote, a scripture, a picture? Link below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...